Goddess Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Photo Shoot


I am not exempt from feelings of self-doubt or question. Many people believe that I have a great sex life because of what I do for a living. Yes, it has it's benefits, but it is oh-so-important to remember to take care of myself and my relationship.

With each party, I give of myself, education flowing from my head and heart to my mouth and your ears. I LOVE what I do, so much so I can sometimes neglect myself like a mother who has too much to do and not enough time (oh wait, I fit that bill, too). With this last years events, I have learned to find a wonderful balance of self-care and care of others. It has been quite a journey.

Last night, I got out of class early and expected to come home to find my partner waiting for me. We had no child for the evening, as she stayed at a friend's. But communication missed (I know I had mentioned that the new teacher lets us out at 8)...no one was home. Dissapointed, yes...but instead, I got my camera, tri-pod and gear and went next door. After a whole day of working on a sex education tool (something I am working on that I hope will help so many), I felt inspired.

So, I started taking pictures. I was loving myself, getting to know myself some more. It was difficult as I don't have all the tools I would like, but I enjoyed the ones I did and I got some nice pictures too!

No comments: